Road Construction 1600 Block Pennsylvania
Halloween Celebrations amidst the Covid-19 Pandemic
General Information and Suggested Practices
The City of Nichols Hills has always left Trick or Treat activities to the discretion and judgment of the public. This year’s Covid-19 pandemic has prompted questions about the celebration. Residents are invited to use their own discretion, and the following best practices are suggested:
- Trick or Treating hours in the City are 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Turn off your porch light if you do not want trick or treaters coming to your house.
- Do not participate if you are sick. Persons who are sick should not trick or treat. Turn off your front porch light if you are sick.
- If passing out candy to trick or treaters, meet the trick or treaters outside your door before they have the opportunity to ring your doorbell or knock on your door.
- Use a candy bowl to pass out candy.
- Have hand sanitizer available for trick or treaters to use before reaching for candy.
- Wear disposable gloves if possible when passing out candy.
- Wear a mask (both trick or treaters and those passing out candy).
- Pass out only individually wrapped candy.
- If your neighborhood is typically heavily trafficked, place plastic pumpkins six feet apart leading up your driveway to indicate where kids can stand while waiting their turn at the candy bowl. It may be helpful to have a second person help direct trick or treaters to wait their turn at the plastic pumpkins.