Road Construction 1600 Block Pennsylvania
OG&E Storm Update
Update on this weekend's storms
- This includes about 2,500 new outages from morning storms.
- Power has been restored for 90 percent of customers (over 69,000) with outages following Saturday night storms.
- As of 8 a.m., under 12,000 customers are without power.
- Today, there are 1,100 personnel working restoration.
- So far, crews have replaced 90 poles, 41 crossarms, and 67 transformers.
- We've entered the phase of restoration where crews will be working more in neighborhood areas and backyards.
- With these types of repairs, power is restored to smaller groups of customers at a time.
- Part of our storm restoration work includes clearing tree limbs that are in or interfering with power lines. After the lines are cleared, vegetation crews will take tree and brush debris from the customer's yard to the curb but will not remove this debris. The disposal of debris due to storms is the customer's responsibility.
- As part of our safety protocol during extreme heat, you may see crew members pause during work to re-hydrate.
- Free Cool Zones are available to provide respite during the hottest part of the day. A list of locations can be found at oge.com.
- Crews are following COVID-19 preventative measures, including social distancing as they restore power.
- Be safe and stay away from downed power lines
- Please do not approach crews and utility vehicles in your neighborhood. Doing so could jeopardize your safety and will only delay the restoration process.
- Safety precautions should be followed when using a portable generator.
- Check your homes to be sure itís able to take power.
- For your protection, do not post personal information such as addresses, account numbers, phone numbers, etc. on OG&E social media channels.