There are no water issues in Nichols Hills. We did not have any major water leaks due to last week's weather, so NO water boil orders are in place in Nichols Hills.
As storm season approaches here are a few items to consider:
1. THE CITY OF NICHOLS HILLS DOES NOT HAVE A PUBLIC STORM SHELTER!
2. Know what to do in case of severe weather – plan and practice a tornado drill at home with your family.
3. If you have a storm shelter/safe room make sure it is accessible and cleaned out.
4. If you have a large enough storm shelter shelter/safe room and don’t mind sharing, let you’re neighbors know.
5. Some items that you should have in your shelter include but is not limited to:
- a flashlight
- a portable radio or weather radio
- extra batteries (for the flashlight and radio)
- a first-aid kit
- cell phone
~ You can register your storm shelter/safe room with the Nichols Hills Fire Department by calling 843-8526 M-F 8:00am-4:30pm. By doing this it will help us know where to look in a weather emergency. ~
For more information on severe weather and what to do you can visit:
Nation Weather Service in Norman – www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/
KFOR Channel 4 – www.kfor.com
KWTV Channel 9 – www.newsok.com
KOCO Channel 5 – www.channeloklahoma.com