Nichols Hills Ice Storm Update – November 19, 2020 – 6:00 p.m.
- The City of Nichols Hills has hired a contractor to perform ice storm cleanup assistance to help with the removal of trees and limbs along the residential streets. The contractor will resume working Friday, November 20, 2020 in accordance with the following:
- Tree removal work will resume in the 6700, 6800 Avondale Drive. The contractor will continue westward on Avondale Drive toward Nichols Road.
- Tree removal work will resume in the 2400 Blocks of Grand Blvd. From Grand Blvd, the contractor will move to the 7600 Block of Dorset Drive.
- Tree removal work will also resume in the 7100 and 7200 Blocks of Nichols Road. The contractor will continue northward to Kenilworth Road. From Kenilworth Road to the 7300 block of Waverly Avenue.
- The north and south streets will be picked up as the adjacent east and west streets are cleared.
- We ask that you have all trees and limbs placed at the curb at this time, so the trees are at the curb when the contractors begin working through your street. Understanding residents may be on waiting lists for contractors to assist them with tree trimming, the City will reassess after the first round and conduct a second round of tree collection. During this ice storm cleanup, bundling of branches and limbs is not required. Please do not place any tree limbs on any water meters, fire hydrants, electric facilities, or gas meters.
- It is anticipated to take 45 days for the contractor to make the first past through the City. Residents are welcome to hire their own contractors to haul off tree debris from their yard if needed.