|Description: || |
CITY OF NICHOLS HILLS
Department: Public Works
Reports to: Public Works Director
Location: Public Works
Salary: $33,133.05 - $36,744.74
This job classification has been designated as a safety sensitive job classification in accordance with the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana and Patient Protection Act, 63 O.S., § 427.1 et seq., (OSCN 2019), effective August 29, 2019. This means employees in this job classification can be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination if they test positive for marijuana components or metabolites, even if they possess a medical marijuana license.
To assist in maintaining the City’s infrastructure involving the maintenance of streets, drainage ways, traffic signs, water & wastewater distribution systems, parks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Operates vehicles and light construction equipment.
In each of the duties describe below you will be assisting in,
Street & alley projects, maintenance & repair.
Laying asphalt, concrete, mixing & pouring cement mortar, filling potholes, cleaning & repairing catch basins, storm drains, and drainage canals.
Tapping water mains and installing new water meters and service connections.
Sewer blockage and manhole maintenance.
Main line breaks and water leaks repairs.
Excavating, shoring placement, backfills and landscaping.
Responsible for care & maintenance of tools & equipment.
And various other duties when called upon.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Must perform assigned duties in a safe manner.
Ability to observe and detect equipment problems and report same to supervisory personnel.
Must be able to interact in a positive manner with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
Ability to work in inclement weather for long periods of time.
Ability to understand and comply with oral and written instructions.
Ability to obtain and retain Oklahoma State Certification (Class “D” water and wastewater licenses, minimum) within one year of employment
Ability to obtain a class B CDL within 6 months of employment. (Will advance employee to Maintenance Worker II position upon completion.)
HS graduate or GED equivalent
Valid Class "D" Oklahoma Driver's License.
Must possess & maintain a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier.
Must be willing & able to serve on call duty and respond to call-out for unforeseen events within the city affecting water supply and is required to work long and/or unusual hours and overtime when needed.
Vocational-Technical course(s) in mechanical equipment maintenance or related discipline.
A class (B) or greater Oklahoma Commercial Driver’s License.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Positions in this class typically require: Climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, and intense noises.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
If you require reasonable accommodation at any time during the hiring process,
please notify the ADA Coordinator or Human Resource Department Representatives by calling 405-843-6637.
The City of Nichols Hills is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion.
The City of Nichols Hills will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, creed, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex (to include sexual orientation and gender identity and/or expression), age, genetic information, disability, or political affiliation.
- Sick Leave: 96 hours per year. Max: 960 hours.
- Vacation: 88 hours per year (first 7 years) 128 hours per year after 7 years.
- Holidays: 12 regular holidays per year.
- Wellness Program: sick leave buy-back; vaccine and wellness cash incentives.
- Longevity Pay: All full time City employees are eligible for longevity pay after a completing two consecutive years of service.
- Educational Incentives from $50-$200/month depending on degree; License and Certification incentives from $25-$125/month; Tuition Reimbursement up to $2500/yr.
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employee, household members and children outside the home up to 26 years old.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA Plan) option.
- Injury Insurance (workers comp): Effective day of employment.
- Retirement: OKLAHOMA MUNICIPAL RETIREMENT SYSTEM: All full time, non-uniformed employees are enrolled in the Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund on their first day of full-time employment with the city.
- Credit Union: All full-time employees are eligible for membership in the Credit Union.
- Life Insurance: Each full-time employee is eligible for group health and term life coverage as determined by the insurance carrier.
- Health Insurance: Plans are available for employee, family, and dependent coverage. Coverage begins following thirty (30) days employment.
- Dental Insurance: Dental Plan options are available for employee, family, and dependent coverage at reasonable rates.
Applications are available at the City of Nichols Hills Public Works Department, located at 1009 NW 75th Street. Nichols Hills, Oklahoma. 73116