CITY OF NICHOLS HILLS
The City of Nichols Hills, Public Works Department is accepting applications for the position of Public Works Maintenance Worker. A valid Oklahoma driver’s license and a driving record that is acceptable to the city’s insurance carrier are required. Class D D.E.Q. certification in water and wastewater is required within one year of employment. CDL drivers’ license is desired. The starting salary range for this position is $27,956.60 to $32,878.05 DOQ. The starting salary will be based on prior experience. Applications may be picked up at the public works office 1009 N.W. 75th, Nichols Hills, Ok. Monday through Friday 8 am – 4 pm. Position open until filled. This is an EOE and drug-free workplace employer. High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
This is a non-exempt, labor position located in the Public Works Department.
To assist in maintaining the City’s infrastructure involving the maintenance of water & wastewater distribution systems, parks and streets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Operates vehicles and heavy equipment.
In each of the duties described below you will be assisting in,
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Tapping water mains and installing new water meters and service connections.
- Sewer blockage and manhole maintenance.
- Mainline breaks and water leaks repairs.
- Excavating, shoring placement, backfills and landscaping.
- Street & alley projects, maintenance & repair.
- Laying asphalt, concrete, mixing & pouring cement mortar, filling potholes, cleaning & repairing catch basins, storm drains.
- Responsible for the care & maintenance of tools & equipment.
- And various other duties when called upon.
- Must perform assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Ability to observe and detect equipment problems and report the same to supervisory personnel.
- Must be able to interact in a positive manner with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
- Ability to work in inclement weather for long periods of time.
- Ability to understand and comply with oral and written instructions.
- Ability to obtain and retain Oklahoma State Certification (Class “D” water and wastewater licenses, minimum) within one year of employment.
- HS graduate or GED equivalent
- Valid Class "D" Oklahoma Driver's License.
- Must possess & maintain a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier.
- Must be willing & able to serve on-call duty and respond to a call-out for unforeseen events within the City affecting water supply and is required to work long and/or unusual hours and overtime when needed.
- Vocational-Technical course(s) in mechanical equipment maintenance or related discipline.
- A class (B) or greater Oklahoma Commercial Driver’s License.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up-to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up-to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, fumes, odors, dust, gases, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, and intense noises.