CITY OF NICHOLS HILLS
MAINTENANCE WORKER l
The City of Nichols Hills, Public Works Department is accepting applications for the position of Public Works Maintenance Worker l. A valid Oklahoma driver’s license and a driving record that is acceptable to the city’s insurance carrier are required. Class D D.E.Q. certification in water and wastewater is required within one year of employment. CDL drivers’ license is desired. The starting salary will be based on prior experience. Applications may be picked up at the public works office 1009 N.W. 75th, Nichols Hills, Ok. Monday through Friday 8 am – 5 pm. Position open until filled. This is an EOE and drug-free workplace employer. High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
This is a non-exempt, labor position located in the Public Works Department.
To assist in maintaining the City’s infrastructure involving the maintenance of water & wastewater distribution systems, parks, and streets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Operates vehicles and heavy equipment.
In each of the duties described below, you will be assisting in,
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Tapping water mains and installing new water meters and service connections.
- Sewer blockage and manhole maintenance.
- Mainline breaks and water leak repairs.
- Excavating, shoring placement, backfills, and landscaping.
- Street & alley projects, maintenance & repair.
- Laying asphalt, concrete, mixing & pouring cement mortar, filling potholes, cleaning & repairing catch basins, storm drains.
- Responsible for the care & maintenance of tools & equipment.
- And various other duties when called upon.
- Must perform assigned duties in a safe manner.
- Ability to observe and detect equipment problems and report the same to supervisory personnel.
- Must be able to interact in a positive manner with co-workers, supervisors, and the public.
- Ability to work in inclement weather for long periods of time.
- Ability to understand and comply with oral and written instructions.
- Ability to obtain and retain Oklahoma State Certification (Class “D” water and wastewater licenses, minimum) within one year of employment.
- HS graduate or GED equivalent
- Valid Class "D" Oklahoma Driver's License.
- Must possess & maintain a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier.
- Must be willing & able to serve on-call duty and respond to a call-out for unforeseen events within the City affecting water supply and is required to work long and/or unusual hours and overtime when needed.
- Vocational-Technical course(s) in mechanical equipment maintenance or related discipline.
- A class (B) or greater Oklahoma Commercial Driver’s License.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up-to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up-to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, fumes, odors, dust, gases, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, and intense noises.