City of Nichols Hills
|Posting Number: ||FD-2021-1|
|Job Title: ||Firefighter - EMT|
|Closing date: ||11/29/2021|
|Closing time: ||05:00 PM|
| ||Any packet that is turned in after the deadline or that is incomplete will not be considered. |
|Job Class: ||Firefighter - EMT|
|Job Hours: ||Shift Work|
| ||Starting salary of $46,751.15 plus benefits|
|Description: ||Nichols Hills Fire Department is now accepting applications for the position of:|
Firefighter / EMT
This position has a starting salary of $46,751.15 plus benefits. Applications can be picked up, in person, at the Nichols Hills Fire Department or Nichols Hills City Hall, located at 6407 Avondale Drive Nichols Hills, OK 73116. All application packets MUST be turned in no later than Monday, November 29, 2021, at 5:00 pm. Late and/or incomplete packets will not be considered.
Employment requirements for the Nichols Hills Fire Department include:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have earned a high school degree or GED.
- Have a National Registry & Oklahoma State EMT license or higher. *Applicants must have licenses before a contingent job can be made.
- Possess a valid driverís license and be accepted by our insurance carrier.
- Must have a current written and CPAT score on file from an Oklahoma State pension system approved testing facility. *Applicants that are currently employed by a paid fire department that is a member of the OSFA pension system may be exempt from this requirement.
- Live within a 60-minute radius of the fire station. *This applies to employment only and is not a requirement at the time of applying.
The final three (3) candidates will be asked to interview with the Fire Chief and submit to the following:
- Psychological evaluation
- Pension medical exam
- Polygraph evaluation
- Background check
- Reference check
- Drug screening
- Candidates will need to provide a copy of their driving record from OK DPS
If you have any questions concerning the hiring process, please feel free to contact Deputy Chief Kenny Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER