Grand Blvd Paving will continue Tuesday morning May 22, 2018. Grand Blvd will be closed from Nichols Road to Sherwood Lane.
Sherwood Lane to NW 63rd will be closed on June 5th for concrete paving until project is completed. Projected completion date is September 1, 2018.
Summer is right around the corner, which means that more people will be engaging in outdoor activities, like bicycling. Community members are encouraged to reacquaint themselves with bicycle safety rules that will help make their summer rides safer and more enjoyable.
Always Wear an Approved Bicycle Helmet:
- A bicycle helmet should sit low on the forehead, just above the eyebrows. It should fit snugly and the two side plastic pieces on the straps should fit just under the ears. The buckle should be just under the chin, with one finger’s width of space between the strap and chin. The helmet must always be buckled while riding. The helmet should not move more than ˝ inch in any direction.
Know and Follow the Rules of the Road:
- Know and follow the rules of the road. Vehicle Codes can be obtained through the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety or Automobile Club. Remember, bicyclists must obey the same laws as drivers of motor vehicles.
Ride with the Flow of Traffic:
- Always follow lane markings and use appropriate hand signals. Ride single-file when in heavily congested areas.
Avoid Riding at Night:
- If it becomes necessary to do so, wear light-colored or reflective clothing. Make sure your bicycle is properly equipped with reflectors and a front light, if possible.
Be Alert While Riding:
- Watch for cars, pedestrians, and hazards in the roadway like potholes, drain grates, etc. Don’t assume other people will yield to you. Be courteous and give the right-of-way to other bicycles and pedestrians.
Walk Your Bike when Crossing A Street in a Crosswalk:
- Always look left, right, then left again—even when the light gives you the right-of-way.