Municipal Judge Position AvailableCity of Nichols Hills, Oklahoma
The position of Municipal Court Judge is available in an affluent community surrounded by a growing and exciting metropolitan area. The successful candidate follows a retiring Municipal Judge with over 32 years in the position.
The part time Municipal Court Judge is the chief judicial officer of the City, performing professional judicial duties in the interpretation, application, and enforcement of local ordinances and applicable state laws. This position has authority over all proceedings for the violation of any ordinance of the City. The Nichols Hills Municipal Court is a Court Not of Record.
The Municipal Judge is appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the City Council. The position is an appointed position with a two-year term.
The successful candidate must be an attorney and counselor at law licensed to practice law in the State of Oklahoma. The municipal judge may engage in the practice of law and may serve as a judge of other municipal courts not of record if such service may be accomplished consistently with duties as municipal judge.
The duties of the Municipal Judge include, but are not limited to:
- Hear and determine all cases involving offenses against the charter and ordinances of the city.
- Keep a record of all proceedings of the municipal court, of the disposition of all cases, and of all fines and other money collected.
- Issue warrants and subpoenas.
- Administer oaths and affirmations.
- Make and enforce all proper orders, rules and judgments, and punish for contempt.
- In the month of February of each year, make a comprehensive annual report, which include recommendations for ordinances for the better administration of the court and justice.
- Promulgate rules for the proper conduct of the business of the court consistent with the laws of Oklahoma.
The compensation for the Municipal Judge is a monthly $1,000 administrative fee.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume to City of Nichols Hills, c/o S. Shane Pate II, 6407 Avondale Drive, Nichols Hills OK 73116, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.