Planet Nichols Hills would like to personally invite you to attend the Oklahoma City metro area's premier Earth Day event coming up this weekend, the Planet Nichols Hills Earth Day Birthday celebration!
THE FOURTH ANNUAL EARTHDAY BIRTHDAY
will be held April 14, 15, and 16 at the former First Church of Christ Scientist, 1203 Sherwood Lane, in Nichols Hills.
But while the event takes place in Nichols Hills, the entire Oklahoma City metro is invited to take part in this FREE three-day event which will include educational panels, an eco expo, green car shows, home tours and a local foods picnic.
Visit the sustainability eco expo and the children’s art tent, run with Pick up the Pace (children’s event), listen to live music, view an eco friendly car show, feast at a community picnic of local foods, engage in panel discussions on energy, community gardening, walking and cycling trails and healthy living, local foods movement, green construction and building, tour local LEED homes and MUCH more!
Please see our schedule of events below!
Thursday evening, April 14, 2011
· 6:30 p.m. Kick-Off, PANEL: Energy: Using it Wisely (refreshments will be served)
Friday noon, April 15, 2011
· 10:30 – 12:00 p.m. PANEL: Gardens: Planting for Health in Home, Business, Community, and School Gardens and Brown Bag Garden Lunch
· 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Tour of Chesapeake of Employee Garden (weather permitting)
· 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. PANEL: Future Cities Middle School Presentations
Saturday, April 16, 2011
· 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. PANEL: Walking, Cycling, and Connecting; How to Create a Healthy Community
· 10:30 a.m. Children’s Fun Run “Pick up the Pace”
· 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Sustainable Living Expo, Green Car Show, & Children's Activities in Art Tent
· 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. PANEL: Local Foods, Local Nutrition, Best Growing, Best Tasting, Best Dining for Your Health
· 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Community Picnic
· 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. PANEL: Green Luxury Living, Building & Construction
· 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. On Site Worm Compost Demonstration by Jerry Newhouse
(please click on the names of each panel to read more, see expert panelists, etc)
Thursday, April 14, 2011 at 6:30 p.m. (refreshments will be served)
Friday, April 15, 2011, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Friday, April 15, 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 16, 2011, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 16, 2011, 11:30 a.m.
Saturday, April 16, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Pick Up The Pace running club is intended to inspire, among the children of Nichols Hills, appreciation for the environment through outdoor physical activity. We hope to aid the efforts of “Planet Nichols Hills” by teaching our children to value and care for the world they will inherit.
11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Artist Susan Susan Cromer will be doing art activities with children on Saturday, April 16 from 11:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Children's art activities supervised by a professional artist in the green & white striped "Children's Tent" No cost to participate. Activities include Painted Beaver Sticks, Crayon Melt Drawings, Tie-Dyed Bandanas and Stress Balls! All supplies are provided and all children are welcome.
For additional information please see our website at http://www.planetnicholshills.org