Britton Road, westbound from Pennsylvania to May Avenue, in The Village is closed.
Police Offer Holiday Season Tips
The busy holiday season is usually the busiest time for burglars and thieves and this is particularly true when there has been a down-turn in the economy. You can help protect your family, home and vehicles, by just remembering to take a few precautions.
- Do not leave expensive gifts under the tree if you are not at home.
- Lock your doors and always turn on the alarm system.
- Hide jewelry and cash inside your home. Don't leave it on the dresser.
- Don't let strangers into your home, particularly if you are alone.
- Report any suspicious activity. If it is suspicious to you call the police.
- Let the police know if you are leaving town for the holidays.
- Always lock your vehicles and never leave valuables inside, including the key. Remember, if they have your car keys they probably have your house keys.
- If you plan to go shopping, take only the credit cards or cash that you will need and if you carry a purse, have a shoulder strap and don't leave the purse unattended ever.
- Be alert when you return to your car. If you think you are being followed drive to the Nichols Hills Police Department.
- It is best not to shop alone if possible and park in a well lighted area.
- Purses or other valuables placed in the trunk of a car can be accessed by breaking into the passenger compartment. Most trunk switches are in the glove box so always lock it.
Have a safe and happy holiday season !
Richard Mask, Chief of Police
Nichols Hills Police Department