Grand Blvd Paving will continue Tuesday morning May 22, 2018. Grand Blvd will be closed from Nichols Road to Sherwood Lane. Sherwood Lane to NW 63rd will be closed on June 5th for concrete paving until project is completed. Projected completion date is September 1, 2018. (Project PC-1702)
The City of Nichols Hills
Minutes of the Planning Commission Meeting
September 4, 2012
Original Agenda Filed in the Office of the Municipal Clerk at 3 PM on the 29th day of August, 2012.
Michael Bickford, Chairman Tim Cohn
John McCaleb Larry Savage
David Poole, City Manager John Michael Williams, City Attorney
Kristi Hort, City Clerk, Fin Director
1. Call to Order.
Chairman Bickford called the meeting to order.
2. Roll Call.
Acknowledgment was made by Chairman Bickford that all commission members were present except for Lynn Pringle.
3. Citizens desiring to be heard: None
4. Minutes: August 7, 2012
APPROVED: A motion was moved by Gilbert, to approve the revised version of the minutes, seconded by Savage. AYES: Bickford, Gilbert, McCaleb, Cohn and Savage. NAYES: None
5. PUBLIC HEARING: Discussion, Consideration and Possible Approval or disapproval on Case PC 2012-08-01 for which the owners of 1601 Guilford are requesting to erect a fence in front of their home and by ordinance, can only do so by review. This property is currently zoned E-1.
Chairman Bickford opened the public hearing for case PC 2012-08-01. Following the representations of the applicant (who appeared by his general contractor) stating that the applicant’s neighbors no longer had objections because of changes the applicant agrees to make to accommodate the concerns of the neighbors, including drainage and fence placement issues, and then seeing that no others desired to speak, the public hearing was closed.
Following discussion by the commission members, a motion was made by McCaleb to recommend conditional approval of the application subject to the City Manager’s approval of the written changes to the application consistent with the representations of applicant including changes regarding drainage issues and placement of fence and columns. The motion was seconded by Savage. AYES: Bickford, Gilbert, McCaleb, Cohn and Savage. NAYES: None
6. PUBLIC HEARING: Application by Glenbrook Park in Nichols Hills, LLC for approval of a final plat for Glenbrook Park in Nichols Hills regarding property at 1601 NW 63rd Street, Nichols Hills, Oklahoma, in the North Half of Section Five (5) Township Twelve (12) North, Range Three (3) West of Indian Meridian, Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.
Chairman Bickford invited the applicant to address the commission. A brief update was provided to commission members regarding the drainage concerns, advising a “fee in lieu of” will be paid by the developer to the City of Oklahoma City for future modifications to the future major drainage upgrades to the main storm water drainage infrastructure. This fee will be paid to the City of Oklahoma City, prior to the final plat acceptance by the City of Nichols Hills City Council.
Commission members were advised that a letter from the City of Oklahoma City stated they have no objections to this drainage plan. Mr. Brian Coons reminded commission members, staff and residents that he will make the storm water drainage “better”. Additionally, commission members were advised that seven of the fourteen lots have been reserved upon approval by the City of Nichols Hills.
Next to address commission members was Mr. Ron Wynne, the private engineer that studied the drainage concern expressed by residents. Per Mr. Wynne, the plans submitted by developers were in accordance with all standards.
Chairman Bickford opened the public hearing for the final plat application for Glenbrook Park in Nichols Hills. Having no one express a desire to speak, the public hearing was closed.
Following discussion among commission members, Chairman Bickford requested the minutes reflect the modifications listed below which were made in the PUD and final plat to comply with residents concerns.
· West side yard setback for Lot 4 is 10 foot.
· East side yard setback for Lot 7 is 10 foot.
· Rear yard setback for Lot 7 is 20 foot.
· East side yard setback for Lot 14 is 10 foot.
· Rear yard setback for Lot 14 is 20 foot.
a. Discussion, Consideration and Possible Approval or Disapproval of the foregoing Final Plat
Motion was made by Savage to recommend approval to City Council of the final plat for Glenbrook Park in Nichols Hills, LLC. The motion was seconded by McCaleb. AYES: Bickford, Gilbert, McCaleb, Cohn and Savage. NAYES: None
7. PUBLIC HEARING: Discussion, Consideration and Possible Approval or Disapproval of amendments to the Nichols Hills Code regarding building setbacks on corner lots.
Motion to continue this public hearing to the regular scheduled meeting on October 2, 2012 at 5:30 p.m., was made by McCaleb and seconded by Savage. AYES: Bickford, Gilbert, McCaleb, Cohn and Savage. NAYES: None.
8. Discussion, Consideration and possible action concerning the combining of more than one lot back to back.
Following a discussion among staff and commission members, a public hearing will be scheduled for the October 2, 2012 meeting.
9. Discussion, Consideration and Possible action recommending the amendment of Section 25-52.020 of the Nichols Hills City Code adding and removing definitions; amending section 25-52.030 of the Nichols Hills City Code relating to special use permits; adding a new subsection to section 25-52.030 of the Nichols Hills City Code to regulate placement of distributed antenna systems; amending section 25-52.040 of the Nichols Hills City Code removing certain antenna structures available without special use permits.
Mr. Kendall Parrish, specialized communication attorney representing the City of Nichols Hills, spoke to commission members of the next generation of wireless communication standards. Commission members requested additional information be present at the October 2012 meeting.
No action taken.
APPROVED: MOTION was moved by Gilbert, seconded by McCaleb. AYES: Bickford, Gilbert, McCaleb, Cohn and Savage. NAYES: None
Michael Bickford, Chairman
Kristi Hort_________ David Poole
Kristi Hort, City Clerk David Poole, City Manager