The City of Nichols Hills
Minutes of the Nichols Hills Environment,
Health and Sustainability Commission
May 23, 2012
Original Agenda Filed in the Office of the Municipal Clerk at 8:45 a.m. on the 17th day of May, 2012.
Nancy Herzel, Chairman Carlene Burger
Mary Ellen Ternes Peg Malloy
Marty Smith Lucy Covington
David Poole, City Manager Randy Smith, Public Works Dir
Kristi Hort, City Clerk, Fin Director
1. Call to Order
Chairman Herzel called the meeting to order at 8:30 a.m.
2. Roll Call
Acknowledgement was made by Chairman Herzel that she, Marty Smith and Lucy Covington were present. Moments later Carlene Burger arrived completing a quorum status. The following members were absent: Mary Ellen Ternes and Peg Malloy.
3. Approval of Minutes:
a. Meeting – April 25, 2012
APPROVED: MOTION to approve the minutes was moved by Burger, seconded by Covington. AYES: Herzel, Smith, Burger and Covington. NAYES: none.
4. Discussion, Consideration and Possible Action regarding recycling.
Marty Smith shared information regarding Goodwill Recycling.
5. Discussion, Consideration and Possible Action regarding hazardous & E-waste collection day.
City Manager Poole reported that he had not received information regarding the collection event.
6. Discussion, Consideration, & Possible Action regarding Earth Day 2012.
7. Discussion, Consideration and Possible Action regarding no smoking in parks.
Examples of Norman and Edmond policies were discussed. Chairman Herzel will work with City Manager to draft a policy.
8. Discussion, Consideration and Possible Action regarding grey and reclaimed water.
APPROVED: MOTION to adjourn was moved by Burger, seconded by Covington. AYES: Herzel, Smith, Burger and Covington. NAYES: none.
Nancy Herzel, Chairman
Kristi Hort_________ David Poole
Kristi Hort, City Clerk David Poole, City Manager